**********
UPDATE
So the other house we went to look at last night....the owner accepted an offer on it. I'm not sure how our stinking realtor didn't know there was an offer (maybe because the lady we were left with while our real realtor went on vaca is absolutely WORTHLESS)...anyways...back to square one. We are down to T minus about 20 days until we have to be out....keep the prayers coming
**********
So Thursday night we went and looked at a new house and we thought this house was perfect. Feel in love with it immediately and decided we were putting an offer on it. We ended up offering full asking price, with no other contingencies or anything so we thought we had it in the bad....oh no, someone with a cash offer came in and grabbed it out from underneath us. That same night we had looked at this house which is another fixer-upper, but in a different way than the other foreclosure we're looking at. This one looks as though everything is in ok condition, just not to our tastes so we would do some updating for that reason. Come to find out, this one is a foreclosure as well. It's listed a little out of our range, but we're going to see what we can make happen. It would put us in another good position with having instant equity and lots of room to grow (the house is about 2300 sq. feet). We're taking my parents to look at it tonight to see what their opinion is, because they've been dealing with this for a while, so we highly respect their opinion. If they think it's a good plan, we're going to get an offer together. It's been sitting for a while so I think if we can come up with an offer close to asking price, and assuming inspection and appraisal goes well, this one could be a legitimate possibility.
The reality is, we're running out of time until we have to start putting stuff in storage to move in with either my parents or ashley's mom, so we're just trying to be patient for the right house. We both know that God is teaching us major patience right now, both in jobs and this house. When we made the decision to get married in may and then take on house-hunting, we knew it wouldn't be easy, but honestly I didn't think it would be this much of an emotional roller-coaster. I am learning to let go (as always), and let the plan fall into place as it may...which is very hard for a control-freak like myself. It makes me sad that we may not be living with out precious puppies for a little while, but I know it's all for a reason and that will be apparent on God's time.
Thanks for your prayers.
1 comment:
wow...just read all your latest blogs about the house(s)...sigh...definitely praying for everything to "work together"...i know its hard to wait, but god's timing is ALWAYS right...miss you guys!!
Post a Comment