Thursday, April 17, 2008

Reflection

These past few weeks have definitely been weeks of reflection and just listening. I feel like my life is just going, and it's going entirely too fast. We are quickly approaching our one year anniversary, when it seems like just yesterday I was freaking out about finals and a wedding, all in a 3-day period. Since I've been working 70+ hours since January, it seems like the past 4 months have gone by in a haze, and I haven't really gotten to enjoy anything since then. I don't like the fact that work is my life right now, but we are working hard to spend time with friends and get our lives back. Ash should be done with school in May, and then I start all my CPA fun, so we still won't be able to enjoy both of us out of school and simply working, but that time will come.

I find that I have to remind myself daily that there is plenty of time. It's such a hard thought process for me to swallow because none of us are promised tomorrow. It's a horrible way to live, but I think I would rather live like today was my last day on Earth than live like I have "plenty of time". I have always had a problem with trying to do too much at once, and I think it is out of fear of not knowing what tomorrow holds. I was listening to my fave morning show yesterday and they played a clip of this speech (heads up: it's pretty long - so set aside a little over an hour if you want to watch the whole thing - if you want an abbreviated version go here and the link should be at the top of the page). I feel like I get so sappy and emotional when anything like this comes up - so to prevent this from turning into a huge, sad post, I will leave you with this. While we are not promised eternal life here on Earth, we are promised eternal life with Christ -so I will live like there is plenty of time. There is plenty of time because regardless of what I accomplish here on this planet, I will have an eternity to enjoy what the Lord has promised us. While my head is constantly spinning with where I want to be in life and where I truly am, I know that whatever is in store for me is what is planned - and I am completely content with that.


Taking the idea from my sweet cousin:

1. I am grateful for a Lord who promises to protect - no matter what the world throws in my path.
2. I am grateful for a loving husband who makes me cheesy eggs at 9:30 at night because I don't want to cook after a long day at work.


3. I am grateful for parents who gave me a life where it was possible to achieve any dream I ever had - and fully supported me along the way.



4. I am grateful for the light of my life - my 8-year-old niece Taylor



- who is cooler than I ever was.
5. I am grateful for a life with problems that seem so small compared to the man whose story was shared above or amazing families like this one.

1 comment:

Gina said...

You are blessed (and cool).