I can't seem to get caught up on anything. I took my last CPA test about 2.5 weeks ago and found out yesterday that I passed....which means I'M DONE!!!! There's still some admin stuff to do before I actually get my license but the hardest part, by far, is behind me. I never really thought I would get here and I can say with 100% certainty that God got me through every single step. Every long night at Borders. Every break down of defeat. Every victory. Every part of this process, He was with me every step of the way. If you know me, you know me and tests don't get along. I get horrible test anxiety and about halfway through this whole deal I found peace. Don't get me wrong, I still stressed, but I was able to have my nervous breakdown and truly get to a point where I knew God was in control and it would all be ok. I can't even begin to explain to you the feeling when I got the news yesterday. Ashley said when I called, you would have thought one of our dogs had died I was crying so hard. It was tears of joy and they just kept flowing. Needless to say, I have a true feeling of freedom and look forward to fun things in the works this summer (Wilton cake classes, here we come!).
After I took the last test I found myself with free time that I hadn't had in so long. Around the same time, I changed jobs back to the first firm I worked for during college which is 10 minutes from our house. So taking a 1-hour commute, one way, and studying every day out of the mix left me with an abundance of time that I truly didn't know what to do. I was excited to get back into my craft room and start working on patterns for things to get put up on dappling. I made Taylor a pencil bag before school started this year and apparently she's had some questions about where to buy one so I think I finally have a pattern ready and I'll start cranking those out soon, among other things. It's not even something that I look at as a money-maker - I truly get joy out of putting smiles on faces with stuff I have created using my God-given talents. The satisfaction that comes from finishing something that came from my head....man you can't beat it.
All that to say, it's like I have a whole new life now. Ash is back in school so we can't truly enjoy the time together, but we'll get there. For now, I will praise God for getting me where I am (because I never thought it would happen) and will try to truly live life to its fullest.
Oh and I'll try to get better about posting - but that could be a bold-faced lie based on my past history :)
No comments:
Post a Comment