Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wow, been since March 30, eh? I'm a slacker.


So I don't forget, every time you to come my blog, there will be a box that pops up asking for a twitter ID and username. This is because my Twitter is private so it's verifying that you're approved to follow me if you're on Twitter. If you have no clue what I'm talking about with all this Twitter mess, then feel free to click "cancel" and go on your merry way.



Ash is back in grad school. It's bittersweet - I'm so stinking proud of him and how hard he's working, but the time has to come from somewhere, which means I don't get to see him as much. I've been exceptionally grumpy the past 2 weeks because of this, but we just need to get into a groove.

Summer is in full force and we made it through the madness that was the beginning of June. I was MOH in a wedding, Ash's cousin got married (the same day, in Merkel!) which means we had to divide and conquer that day. My parents took Taylor to Disney World for her first trip. The list goes on and on!



Oh! We got yet another new pup. This now makes 3 dogs that are Ashley's fault. He has to quit bringing home dogs. He acts like it's alllll my fault, but he knows if he shows up with a sweet face like this one:







Meet Epic. He was found around church one Sunday morning. He kind of turned into the mascot that day. Our college and young marrieds group is called "Crave & Epic"....hence the name. He is some sort of Blue Heeler, cattle dog mix...anywhere from 1-2 years old. He's losing his manhood next week because, well, kiwis are gross.

So now we are up to three, count them, THREE dogs. We've got all sizes covered and our house is officially chaos. For the most part they all sleep, but this new pup sure does love to play when he gets going so him and Smalls just have a hayday.

Work is well, work for both of us. Ash is an official full-time employee with the company he's been working for since last fall. This was a huge answer to prayer as he was getting paid, but was contract labor, and didn't know from day to day that he for sure had a job. It's serving it's purpose for the time being and I think he really enjoys it for the most part so we'll see what happens come time for graduation next year.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that it's about time for another back surgery (you know 7 years is entirely too long for me to go without some sort of surgery, so it's only natural). I had all these rods and screws and such put in my back in 2000 for scoliosis and started having some pains about 9 months ago. It's gotten so bad that I can't be on my feet any more than about 30 minutes without almost getting naseous from the pain. I went to the doctor and he gave me 4 scenarios of what could be giving me problems, 3 of which were solved by going in and taking out all the metal. Seemed like a no-brainer. While surgery won't be fun, I'm waaaaaay to young to already be dealing with so much pain and I couldn't fathom having it only get worse the rest of my life. Not to mention, one of the rods has completely come unhooked and is just kind of chilling in the right side of my back, only creating more places for issues to pop up. For me, the surgery isn't a huge deal because it will be NOTHING compared to the first surgery. It is still a major surgery, however - they have to open me up neck to waist and go in and essentially dig out all the metal that will have had bone fusion take place all around. It's anywhere from a 2-4 hour surgery and I will be in the hospital from 2-4 days depending on when I don't need meds through an IV. It's scheduled for August 14, which in reality isn't all that far away. I'm doing ok with everything now, but I have had a couple moments of reality setting and I kind of freaked out. I'm totally at peace with the surgeon, surgery, everything, but I think because I have been through a surgery before, I know what I'm in for and that scares me. The healing process was so painful the first time because they had to cut through muscles in my back to get to everything, and they will be doing the same thing this time so I know what's coming my way. Just keep everyone in your prayers - mom is having a hard time knowing she has to watch one of us go through another dang surgery (how she's been the pillar of strength through all these surgeries between me and my dad, I just can't even imagine).

All in all, we are just rocking along. Finally feel like we've found a place at a new church and developed some really good friendships. It's nice to be around people you just "click" with that are in the same place in life....all around we're just real grateful. A solid group of friends is something we felt we had been missing for a long time and it's funny how God works to place these people in your life. These people are a great group of Godly men and women and we are all always trying just to support each other in whatever is thrown our way on a daily basis.

Sorry it took me so long to get back here - there was just a mental block for whatever reason.

P.S. I'm not going to re-read this, so I apologize for anything that just sounds crazy.

Word to your mother.

No comments: