Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Humble

So I didn't make it on the every day thing, but it was vast improvement!

I found out this morning that an old pastor of one of my very best friends committed suicide on Friday.

Here's the story: http://acts29network.org/acts-29-blog/thomas-young/

I don't know him personally, but knowing he was part of the Acts29 network shows what kind of pastor he was. I think the short story hit the nail on the head when it mentioned the deception of the "father of lies". One thing that grabbed me was knowing his funeral will be on my birthday. It's so easy to get wrapped up in it being "my" day when in reality, no day is mine. God does not have to grant me another minute, much less another day and I should be on my knees thanking him for 25 years on this earth. While we celebrate, we will try to remember to pray for his family and the grieving that will take place from here forward.

Speaking of 25......25?!?!? Really? When did that happen? I guess the same time Taylor turned 10 (yikes!!) and I've been with Ashley for almost 5 years, and I have my CPA, and a masters, etc. etc. etc. I can't help but be grateful for everything I've been allowed to do all these years. Thanks to my parents for giving me every opportunity I could ever ask for. As more and more friends have babies, it's really sinking what my parents - all parents - give up for their children. I know I won't be able to truly fathom what that sacrifice is until I'm in that place, but I am eternally grateful.

I'm looking forward to time surrounded by those whom I love dearly. I think I have the best friends a girl could ask for, and my family is pretty awesome too :)

No comments: