I didn't know that I would ever be so excited about getting plumbing done in a bathroom.
Last january mom ran across this house that was a foreclosure, and long story short, we weren't looking to move but everything worked out and we ended up with this amazing house. The first time I saw the house, I claimed the room above the garage. It is a 4-car garage that is separated from the house, which means the room above is about 1300 sq. feet and NOT in the same house as my parents. Now don't get me wrong, me and my parents get along great, but I was at a point where I really wanted my own space, but working part-time won't pay rent, so I thought I was stuck until I graduated. Well God answers prayers in mysterious ways and now I have my own space, yet it is still at home, so the rent deal is no longer an issue.
When we first got the house, my room was a huge open space with nothing but a plywood and partially carpeted floor. This meant no bathroom, no closet, no nothing. Well my grandpa, wonderful boyfriend, and dad built me some stairs inside the garage so I would be safer at night going up to my room and also built walls for my closet (which obviously needed be sizeable to house my 70+ shoes) and my future bathroom. I began saving money, and have been ever since. I had my dream bathroom in my mind: clawfoot bathtub, black tile, white cabinets, black countertop, etc. etc. I knew exactly what I wanted, but also saw how quickly the price began to rise.
I knew it would be a while until the bathroom happened so initially I was using the bathroom downstairs in the garage but that just wasn't cutting it. So since we moved into the house in June I have been using the bathroom in the house, which hasn't been a huge deal, but I can say I've never wanted a toilet more in my life. You don't appreciate having a toilet just steps away, where you can walk there in your underwear if you really want to, until you don't have that anymore. The room will be a work in progress for a while longer, but as it stands my bathroom will be getting plumbing within the next week or so! I'm so excited. I started getting estimates on pricing the past couple of weeks and it looked like it was going to be about $3000-4000, which I definitely am not willing to spend on a room that I will be using for maybe 3 more years. I was bummed because I thought this bathroom thing wasn't going to happen for me after all. Well when the whole situation came up initially, I had talked to my uncle who has a plumbing business and he said he would do it for me, but we never heard anything. Well my dad exercised his daddy power last week with my uncle and now it's getting done maybe as soon as tomorrow! Gotta love the dad.
As I kept saving money, I was shown that this is not the place in life where I need to be making my dream bathroom. It was going to cost so much to get the clawfoot tub alone, much less any other part of the bathroom. I was talked into just putting in a corner shower and bringing everything down a notch as I will only be there, as said before, maybe 3 years. So now the money that I have been saving will be used, maybe less of it than I thought, and I might have my fully-functional bathroom soon. I can't wait. It will be 100% my own space, a feeling I have been waiting for for so long. While parts of the room are still a work in progress, the walls that were built are still bare drywall, with the money I'm saving on the plumbing, maybe I will be able to get that done soon as well. It's finally coming together. I love how God answers prayers. He provided the money for me to do this, and now it's going to work out.
Hooray for plumbing and all other parts of the bathroom. They make my heart happy.
1 comment:
I'm confused. I swear I checked your blog yesterday and saw nothing and now today I have too posts of goodness. I just am not sure what happened yesterday. And Yea! for the bathroom!
Post a Comment