Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wedding Withdrawals

As sad as it is to say, I'm still very sad the wedding is over. Ash finds that hard to believe after witnessing all the stress and tears that went into it, but the more I look at wedding photography blogs or the pictures of bridal showers for newly-engaged couples, the more I miss the whole experience. We spent 9 long months making sure everything was "perfect" (which I can assure you, it was not) and then bam, it's all over. It's that one special day that you can get away with anything and everyone is there to celebrate with you. It's been so long since I've had all those people I love in one place, and I think I get so sad because I didn't get to hug even half of the necks of the people that were there, and there were so many things we didn't get to do that day because of pesky rain that made people run for the cars. It's hard to look through wedding pics from friends of mine (because yes, they are still getting married) and see everyone dancing, and the toasts from the MOH or the best man, or the rents...all the little details that make it a wedding day, and unfortunately that didn't happen so it makes me want to go do it all over again (with Ashley of course!). Don't get me wrong, it was an absolutely amazing day and yes, I know the end result is the same--Ashley and myself living in wedded bliss--but we all know I am a hopeless romantic at heart so those small things meant a lot. I know every bride has stuff they would go back and change about their wedding day, because it never goes as planned, so I hope I'm not crazy here. I do love many things about how the day turned out and regardless, I have Ashley, so I can't complain too much. If anyone has a cure for the wedding day withdrawals, please let me know so I can get over myself. Maybe all I need is a good scrapbooking night to start on all the wedding festivities--then I can REALLY appreciate how amazing our day was.

No comments: