Saturday, September 29, 2007

Home, as we know it.

So after we got our last box unpacked last weekend, and some remaining shelves hung during the week, I finally got around to taking some pictures! There's been some parts of the house that we haven't done anything with at this point, but I'll give you some shots of those too.


First up, the kicthen. This will be one of our biggest projects, which means we must deal with the pink counter tops and tile until we can save up some cash.

The master bath--also a big project being saved for sometime down the road.
The wet bar--as you can see the pink carries all around the house (AWE-some).
Living room--the part behind the fireplace. We decided not to paint the living room as you'll see some pretty bold colors throughout the rest of the house. We figured some neutrality couldn't hurt. Notice the Ashley-made desk in full use now.
Living room--the other side of the fireplace that you see when you first walk in.
Looking into the dining room--and yes, that's Hannah Montana on TV.
The dining room--we did re-paint this room, but I didn't have a good "before" picture to compare it with. It had horrible pink and blue wallpaper above the chair rail, and was painted white below, along with some rockin drapes to coordinate. Our fix is a little bright, but once we get a dining room table, it will tone it down a bit.
Now for the "renovations"...

The master bedroom (which was all white before, we only painted one wall):
The guest bedroom (disclaimer: it's not done, we have to find some cool white stuff for the walls, so if you have any ideas, let us know!):
Guest bathroom:
Scrapbooking room (!!!!):

And a shot of my craft table, that I love oh-so-dearly:
We have definitely made progress! We're still picking up little things all the time to help make it feel more like a home...but as I'm sure you know, it's a slow process. The guest bed has already been used twice and we are stoked to have more people around!

2 comments:

Forever Texans said...

I want to help!!!! :) :) :) I'll bein town soon and I want to offer help, in the creative kind since I am no good at maual labor right now :) What you've done looks awesome and I can't wait to get the tour!!

GG said...

ok, first of all kelsi would LOVE the pink...haha...secondly, the guest bedroom - the brown - definitely calls for a "java theme"...i see jars with beans...haha...thirdly, i can't wait to come see it!...