So I heard some very sad news yesterday--my beloved Recollections is closing. This is the place where all my scrapbooking-card making-projects began. Over the past year, I have found that tapping back into my crafy side is the outlet I need in order to keep my sanity. I feel that when I am stressed, if I take 30 minutes to make a card for someone, it makes me feel so much better. This place has been my haven for all things crafty. There are many things that I will be able to find other places, but that's not the issue. I do my best brainstorming in that store. I can walk around and look at paper, brads, whatever the case may be, and come up with my next project. I have spent many hours at crop nights and needless to say my life will not be the same. Yes it may sound stupid, but when something is your passion, this kind of stuff hits you hard. My mom reminded me, when I called almost in tears, that nothing in the world--except for God's love--is permanent. It makes me very sad to see Recollections go and it just means my extra money will be spent there, and nowhere else, until the day it closes. I will go on a paper buying spree because they have paper that I have yet to see anywhere else that just gives me the warm fuzzies.
I have until January to stock up on what I need as well as find some other places that can possibly fill the void. The company that owns Michael's and Aaron Brothers Frames also owned Recollections and they decided they want to focus on the other two stores. My response--I boycott Michael's and Aaron Brothers forever. Aaron Brothers is overpriced and I like Hobby Lobby and Joanns better anyways.
No, I'm not bitter.
It's a sad day in the scrapbooking world.
Please pray.
No comments:
Post a Comment