That was me the day I got the final Harry Potter book in the mail. I just finished "The Deathly Hallows" a couple nights ago and as I was reading the last page, I found myself very sad--sad enough for tears--that this was the end. It has taken me a little while to get through the book as I have had tons of other things going on (finishing school, planning a shower, etc.) so I had to fit in reading when I could. I know this whole series has been very controversial, but I can say that it has brought me more enjoyment than any book has in a long time. People argue that it is "childish", but if you look deeper than the surface, you will see that it is so much more. I was lucky enough to convince my dad to start reading these books, and now he is just as hooked, if not more, as I am. It's been great to talk to him about this stuff going through the series...it's like our own book club. He read this book within the first month it was out and has since gone back and read the entire series, book 1 to book 7. If you are a Harry Potter fan, apparently this is the best idea ever. I can't wait to partake, however, I am going to wait until I get through the CPA. My dad gave me the idea of a birthday present to myself of starting the series over every year. It is definitely something I am going to do, but I am going to start next year on my birthday. This gives me a year to get the CPA done (since that's probably a little more important than Harry Potter) and have a great reward at the end. I truly am in awe of J.K. Rowling and the thought that was put into this series. It has rocked my world, and will continue to do so forever. On another note, I got to enjoy my first trick-or-treaters at our house! Unfortunately, Ash was in class, but me and the dogs had fun with the kids. We decided next year, once Ash is out of school, we will be social and sit outside with the dogs to hand out candy. It was fun getting to see all the reactions to Stoney this year, from sheer terror to utter excitement. I can't wait to start pulling all of my Christmas decorations out (yes, I have some already)!
Ashley did get our mantle finished--he ended up building a complete new one, which turned out great. I will try and remember to get some pictures up soon.
It's hard to believe it's November already. The holidays are quickly approaching and it will be 2008 before we know it!
No comments:
Post a Comment