Monday, March 03, 2008

God answers prayers.

Now I know for most of you, that title is nothing new....but it's always amazing when there is something tangible that you know was really a blessing from God. If you didn't know, Ashley and I have not been happy with our car situation for a while now. He had a Ford F150, Single Cab (2 seat-er) and I had a Mini Coop (technically 4 seats, but no one over the age of 5 has any business in that back seat) so we were always limited in transporting people and when we needed to take our pups anywhere, Stoney was in the bed of the truck which always made my blood pressure shoot through the roof. We were upside-down in Ashley's truck because of a silly car purchase he made before that, so we knew that we would run into some issues in trying to trade the truck in because there would be some rolling in of the upside-down-ness (for lack of a better word). We had been going back and forth about even going to a car dealership because we all know how fun the idea of a new car is, and I didn't want to go through it only to be disappointed. Because of some things that have happened in the past few months, we were not in a place for our car payments to go up a significant amount, so we felt we were kind of stuck. Well, we finally decided to go talk to a guy at Texan Ford just to see if we had any options. This guy has been the guy that my dad has been dealing with for years and we figured if we could get a deal, this would be our man. So we head up there Saturday morning, and four hours later, leave with this.....

The car guy we talked to was able to do what needed to be done in order to keep our payments within about $100 from what they were before...he is truly a miracle-worker. I had said many a prayers the days leading up to the visit to the dealership, and had made my peace with the fact that if it wasn't God's will for this to work out, that I would be ok and trust that there is another plan. Well, apparently this was in God's plan, as I know that had we talked to anyone else, or tried to get any other car, it would have been impossible. I know that God answers prayers daily, and sometimes they're answered in good ways, and sometimes they're answered in ways we don't understand. I try to be patient, as we all know that's my biggest downfall, and see what He is going to do in our lives and 100% of the time I find that when I put it all in His hands, things work out the way they need to. It was truly a humbling experience to see all of this fall into place. I know it sounds silly to get this religious about a car, but God is in every aspect of our lives, and that includes the vehicles we drive, because let's face it, that money has to come from somewhere.
I really feel like it is a blessing to be driving that gorgeous car every day--that's right, Ashley's rocking the mini now, and truthfully, it was his idea! Moral of the story, be faithful and God will provide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gooood choice!
I'm glad that God is still providing for you. He's been answering a lot of my prayers recently, albeit not in ways that I necessarily understand right now. I'm really happy that you guys were able to find the Explorer!

- Becca

Anonymous said...

Love the new ride:)

Kelly said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I looked back at your June posts and found your wedding pictures! It looked so pretty!
We went to hawaii on our honeymoon too. WE LOVED IT! We went back 2 years ago and we want to go this year. It depends on baby. :-)