*warning* Picture-heavy post ahead!
This past weekend we had our dear friends Ashley (aka Caudle), Zack, Charlece and Mike come visit for a fun-filled, sweaty, hot, humid, touristy weekend in DC. I know, sounds great right? Well, it was actually the best weekend ever. We are loving our life here, but nothing beats a weekend with people you love from home. It was great to be able to show them our neighborhood, give them a dose of how we live, and just bring them into our world for a bit. We rolled at least 6 people deep all weekend, and it was fantastic. To our posse, we love each and every one of you and can't wait to see you again soon (or Mike and Charlece, in 5 years :) ). You truly make us feel whole.
To all of you others in A-town, come visit! We'll be just as excited to see you too. Now, for the pictures.
On our way to some shopping in Georgetown.

What happens when Ashley has the camera.

Inside Dean and Deluca


"Man-seats" in Anthro while the women-folk shopped.

Introducing our favorite cupcakery, Baked and Wired.

While Caudle enjoyed tomatoes and salt. Typical.




We ate. A lot. This weekend. We have some of the best food here and felt the need to stuff everyone to the max while they were here. This is 7th Hill Pizza.

The gang! Yes, we melded our two worlds and introduced The Mayo's (our bestest friends here in DC) to our A-town crew. It was a blast!

There's really nothing better.

This is what happens when you can't figure out your shutter speed when it's dark and no ambient light. It'll be on etsy soon...eleventy billion dollars. It can be all yours.

Represent!





Not the best picture, but man we love you guys.



What up, Abe?





I particularly like the kid who's in focus. That was intentional...duh.



I wish I had more pictures, but it's ok because it means I didn't spend the weekend so focused on taking pictures that I missed out on the fun times. We really are so very grateful for the people God has put in our lives and feel so lucky to share life with them! Come back soon!


1 comment:
These were awesome pics. Thanks for the weekend it was one of the best trips we've had in a long time. We'll probably see you sooner than when the kid is 5 I'm guessing.
Love you bunches, The Hughes
Post a Comment