Is it already time for another one of these? What's that? I actually missed one? Oh...well...guilty. It's kind of insane how fast time is going, which is why I know that I'm really going to be happy that I have these once the little eggplant inside of me is here. If time is passing this quickly now, I can't even imagine what it'll be like once he/she is here!
---
Sweet little one,
My oh my, your kicks are getting so strong! Yesterday in church, I told your dad that I was getting crud kicked out of me, and had him watch my belly and then of course, you stopped! I think it's funny how you can be moving so much, and then as soon as he puts his hand on my belly, you stop. Makes me feel like you and I definitely have this connection and it's like "oh! Daddy's watching!" He's always rubbing my belly these days and while it keeps getting bigger and bigger (and bigger), I think he's finally warmed up to it. We have a lot of conversations about what the new "normal" will look like and while we really have no way to prepare for that, we're getting excited!
Some weird cravings have popped up this week - powdered donuts, smoothies, mint chocolate chip ice cream - if I didn't know any better, I'd think you're developing a sweet tooth to rival your mama! Your dad keeps me in check from going crazy, but I do indulge every once in a while :)
We got your crib put together last weekend and also picked up a dresser for your changing table. I finally got the chance to go by a craft store here for some supplies for some of the things I want to make for your room so hopefully it'll really start to take shape soon! I'm feeling the craft bug back in full force and can't wait to pull some of these little details together that I have swimming around in my head (and my pinterest). I had a good friend point out this weekend that my Pinterest is definitely geared towards one gender more than the other....I've noticed that myself! Call it a hunch (or maybe brainwashing from your pops), but we definitely feel like you're a little mister in there. Obviously, we could be totally wrong, but I'm getting really excited to find out and meet you! It's been fun having this as a surprise!
I think we can say we have names nailed down either way - but likely won't be posting them here until YOU are here! Seems more fun that way.
Overall, I'm still feeling really great. The 2nd trimester has been the best and I can't believe we're so close to the 3rd trimester! I'm definitely growing a lot, so I'll be more diligent about taking weekly pictures. One little request - do you think you could maybe move your parties a little further south out of my ribs? You're causing some serious pain and while I know I'm only going to get more uncomfortable, I figure it can't hurt to ask :)
Alright little one, keep growing, healthy and strong in there! I love feeling your little kicks (even if they hurt sometimes) so keep 'em coming!
Love always,
your mama.
---



No comments:
Post a Comment