Instead of the weekly baby post this week, I'd like to take a brief trip. A trip down memory lane that is...
One year ago today we packed up our very comfortable, very predictable, very easy life in Arlington, TX and hit the road for this crazy city we now call "home". While Texas will always be "where we are from", Washington DC has been an adventure through and through. It's been a big year, with only bigger things to come, and we can probably blame my pregnancy hormones for how emotional this is making me, but here's a brief look at the past year through the eyes of my iPhone.
Our road trip was exhausting, but God reminded us that we were not in it alone.
Finally made it! 1,300 miles later, thanks to our dear friends, the Cullum's, for helping drive that Budget truck cross-country.
...of this little, yellow rowhouse that welcomed us with open arms.
We were in awe of the fall (no phone pics), and survived a brutal snow-storm that scared the poo out of these Texans.This post could go on and on, as I take a ridiculous amount of pictures. We've found new food loves, missed old ones (BBQ, Mexican Food, Sonic...the list goes on), made life-long friends (Hi, Mayo's!), had visitors (Hi, Hughes', Reeves', Heggem/Holt/Textor's, among others), had many-a ups and downs and now we prepare for one of the biggest changes, likely to rock our world in the best way possible.
We're so grateful for the opportunities we've been given and while there are days I say to myself "wait, it's ONLY been a year" because I do miss A-town. A lot. There are days when I also say "it's already been a year!" because by-golly, we've done it. I never would have thought I'd leave Texas, but here we are and through God's protection and guidance, we do our best to follow His plan through this crazy life. It's been the scariest, most-fulfilling, empowering, strengthening, sad, exciting, and down-right fun time of our life! We miss our friends and family dearly, but know this is exactly where we should be right now.
I have to thank my stud of a husband, had it not been for him constantly pushing me to get out of my box, life wouldn't be near as awesome as it is. Babe, I love you and I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else.
Baby Shu, many fun things lie in your future, and I hope we can show you this world in a way that makes you strive to be whatever you want to be, wherever that may be!
I wouldn't trade this year for anything, and I feel like the luckiest gal in the world these days.

No comments:
Post a Comment