Thursday, September 15, 2011

In the interest of spicing things up, today I take my inspiration from this lovely lady. I’ve been uber stressed these days (blame it on the j-o-b) so instead of focusing on those stress factors (see yesterday’s post), I want to share some things that are putting big ol’ smiles on my face!

Here comes the word vomit….

--good talk with the hubs this morning about future plans for my work situation. I believe the words that were said were something along the lines of “I would much rather make big sacrifices for you to not work, or at least find something very low-key, than to spend the money on a nanny”. I couldn’t agree more, my love. Won’t happen tomorrow, but we have a unified goal that we’re moving towards and I couldn’t be more excited.

--meeting this awesome gal in person yesterday, after she so graciously sent her husband back into Target to buy me some Missoni tumblers (yes, he was already in the parking lot!) Love meeting great, new people here in our awesome city, who are willing to do random favors for people they don't even know!

--java chip frappuccino – yes, that’s silly. But these drinks are giving my powdered donuts a serious run for their money in the “biggest pregnancy craving” debate.

--hearing baby’s hearbeat this morning! Always a great sound.

--talking with my doctor, whom I LOVE with all my heart, and her just being awesome. So blessed to have ended up in her care. As weird as it is, I would love to be her friend outside of the office, but I feel like that could be difficult when she goes back to being my GYN in a few weeks. Not sure I can “hang” with someone who’s all up in my business once a year. (TMI? Maybe.)

--Morning walks with Ash. I love that we walk to the metro and ride together in the mornings and most evenings. It’s great chat time and I’ll miss it dearly if/when it has to go away.

--Shoe shopping, for only comfortable shoes. Again, silly, but when you end up at work with bleeding heels because of cheap flats, comfortable walking shoes become a priority.

--Sweet people on the internet. So many of these “famous bloggers” seem untouchable because they have such a big following, but when they take the time to comment on your blog or respond to you on twitter, it helps remind me that they are just people. And these are very, very nice people.

--it’s Thursday! Which means one step closer to the weekend.

Have a great day, my friends.

4 comments:

emma said...

I love youll and cant wait for my frist great grandchild. I pray for youll each day

emma said...

I love youll and cant wait for my first great grandchild. I pray for youll everyday .

Julie said...

i found your blog via hannah's. i'm 33 weeks along and my midwife is my old roommate and close friend. i was afraid it might be weird, but it's totally not! i support the doctor/friend relationship. what have you got to lose? :)

Tammy said...

Glad to know it's not weird and you're right, there's absolutely nothing to lose! Now it's just a matter of how to take it from dr to friend without coming off as a crazy person :)