Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ugh

1.  Pray for Ash and his family - today is his dad's 50th birthday and it's sure to be a hard day.

2.  Have a new bag in the works…the first version will be out of muslin (just a practice on cheap $1/yd fabric).  I'm trying to practice and learn the basics so I can start changing some of these and creating my own stuff (that's the goal!). 

3.  Finally got a picture up of the dress I made…check out my flickr.

4.  Been a rough week for both of us…pray for guidance.  We both feel like we have been in a "transition" point in our lives for the past year, and we're ready to move forward.  I'm really struggling because I feel like we don't have any solid friends.  We have people we hang out with periodically, but we are always doing the inviting, and they're such a tight group we always feel like we're on the outside.  It's hard because we work in Dallas, so any co-workers that would be friends live so far away, we can't hang out on weekends, and all the people in A-town have their own lives so we feel like we're on the outside looking in.  We're in a very hard place, so please just pray for comfort and peace for what the future holds. 

 

Time to get back to work…

 

2 comments:

GG said...

miss you guys...by the way, i have that juicer and a few other things adrienne left for you.....prayin' for you!!!

Forever Texans said...

ok first of all what is the flitter? i want to see what it is you are making! second of all, TOTALLY get the no solid friends things :) you can call, txt or blog me anytime! My life has been suckin lately too so you have a friend in me! Wish we could have hung out more when I was in town. Too bad the whole prego thing had me on bed rest! So here is my thought... y'all move to N.C. since we both know Shug loves it there and we will be there in Jan for like 5 years starting and we can go to Hilton Head together whenever we want! I'll help you with your business, you help me with mine and we're golden! tell shug i am thinking of him and his sis today. hang in there girl! ... but seriously, he could be a cop in N.C.! LOL