Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life is a marathon, not a sprint....right?

Not sure if I agree with that...I feel like I'm sprinting to get everything done before class starts tomorrow.

So the weekend did not go as planned and I definitely did not get everything done I wanted to, but such as life I suppose.

We did have a successful trip wedding dress shopping for my sweet Beck! She's going to be such a hot bride! Of course, you will not see pictures on here until after the big day, just in case the fiance decides to peek :)

I got a wild hair at the end of last week, and it was time for some late spring cleaning. I purged my closet, getting rid of all items not worn in the past year. I also decided to re-vamp the craft room. I had a bunch of wasted space that was asking to be used. I will post some pics (maybe) when I get it done. It's taking longer than anticipated after a shelving hiccup which caused a minor break-down in Lowe's. I think the sure sign of stress is crying over shelves. I should probably get that under control.

All that to say, I have some pictures as promised (more on my flickr, as always), and others will come later.


1. Latest lake trip

Ashley, pondering the meaning of life.


Lance, always the stud.


This was the extent of our lake activities - it was cold and rainy the entire time we were there...but that didn't stop the boys from being boys.

2. Newest bag - pretty basic tote but fabulous for carrying anything and everything!



3. Taylor's pencil bag - Sadly, I finished this and was so excited to give it to Taylor that I forgot to take pictures. I'll try and remember to get some soon.

4. New dress - did not get a single thing done this weekend :(

5. Latest garage sale finds - still in progress (i.e. need to take pictures)

6. One of the most recent embroidery projects (my new hobby that was previously mentioned!) I am in love with this...it doesn't require tons of supplies and I can do it anywhere!

Behold. The "Hippie" bird as Ashley named it....pattern came from here.






7. First soccer game of the season!

It took her a little while to get warmed up, but she got in there after a while!


She sure does love her Uncle Ashley. This makes my heart happy.


She had fun, but apparently needed to protect that calf more than the shin...it's a new fad I suppose :)

Have a good week - please keep us in your prayers. It seems as though we are being tested heavily right now and we need all the strength we can get.

1 comment:

Snickleoh said...

hey do you sell any of your stuff on etsy?
you should if not! :)