Monday, September 08, 2008

He must believe and not doubt

So I’ve been asked for an update (yes, people actually read this mess). 

 

We’re at a weird place, in that there’s not a whole lot going, but a ton going on at the same time.  I’m going to wait to spill the details until we have a better idea of how everything is going to turn out.  We’re excited for what the future holds, as always, and take comfort in the fact that God will provide in one way or another. 

 

My bible passage for the time is James 1:2-16.  I’ll let you look it up if you’re curious, but the main idea is in verse 12:

 

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.”

 

We don’t know where we’re headed, and I feel like our faith is being tested now more than ever.  Our first year was supposed to be the hardest (isn’t that what people say??), and while we were dealt some blows during the first year, this second one is tied neck-and-neck.  

 

I know that’s all very vague…but I’ll tell all in good time.

 

On a happier note, the craft room was completely re-vamped last week.  My mom came over and helped me completely rearrange everything and I now have a special scrapbooking closet and a cutting table for sewing.  I’ll take pictures soon – when I know I have time to edit and post them – and show you guys the new and improved room!

 

I also got about 90% done with my first attempt at a dress without my mom’s help.  It turned out pretty cute, but was definitely not the right size for me.  It’ll be one of those that gets hung in a closet never to be seen again.  I’ll post pictures so you can share my first project with me.

 

It’s been the marathon of doctor’s appointments the past week and that just wears me out.  Everything is ok – just some check-ups and blood-work, as well as a new crown on my tooth (I know you’re jealous).  I’m super tired all the time so they’re doing blood-work to make sure there isn’t any anemia (iron-deficiency) or anything else going on outside of my super-24-hour-stressed life that I lead.  I’ll keep you updated as I know more.

 

Have a good week.

1 comment:

Becca said...

This doesn't count as an update, I still have no idea what's going on in your life haha.

I LOVE YOU.