I feel like such a blog slacker. When I say there is no time, there is no time (I know, it gets old hearing it, huh?).
My poor camera has been so neglected lately. There are a few new pictures waiting to be downloaded, but I feel as though my favorite toy has even been sacrificed.
Things are pretty rocky for us right now and there are days when I don’t think I can handle one more thing added to my ever-expanding list. I take comfort in the fact that I know God will not overwhelm us. I was having a very difficult evening last night. I was exhausted from studying and yesterday was just a bad day, and on my way home “I am a Friend of God” came on the radio. Funny how the right songs come on at just the right time for me…thanks for that one God.
That You hear me when I call
Is it true that You are thinking of me
How You love me it's amazing
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend
Man, I feel like my posts lately have all been very depressing. I come here to get things off my chest and lately my heart is heavy.
This morning was a good morning. I realized just how lucky I am. Ash actually got up before me for once as he was headed to the church to volunteer with the tons of evacuees living in the LC right now. I realized how everything that has happened lately has given him a new outlook on life too (one that maybe he doesn’t even realize). As I was driving to work, and sitting in grid-locked traffic for my second day in a row, I thought about those evacuees. I have a house to go home to tonight. I have a job. I have money to put gas in my car to get to my job. I have a husband. I have two crazy dogs. I have parents. I have family. I have friends praying for me. I have a lot in life to be very grateful for and I know that more often than not, I hibernate and throw pity parties for myself. Truth is, I don’t have it that bad. Sure it’s hard for me and Ashley, but it’s nothing compared to what some others are going through. I know it’s all relative, but I also know this is all part of God’s plan. Some days I feel like a broken record “it’s all part of Your plan”, “it’s all for a reason”….but it’s the truth and I need to say it more so I can hear it myself and know God is here with us every step of the way.
I was reminded yesterday of an old poem that was a favorite of my mom’s. I’ve known this story for as long as I can remember, but I think I finally get it.
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during the most trying periods
of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”
I pray the sun is shining in your life as it is in mine, despite the trials, knowing God is carrying us through the hardest times. Feel free to lean on Him. That’s what He’s there for.
Have a good week.
2 comments:
Thanks for taking care of MY evacuee! :o)
"be strong", that's what a bracelet that jonathan and i both bought at the christian bookstore says. it is quoting joshua 1:9, "This is My command, be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go". we never take it off. it is a daily reminder when crap hits the fan :) check out a song called "everything" by tim hughes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OredXBZzMVY
love ya my gangster friend!
Post a Comment