Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Obsessed much? Nah.

I know the last post wasn’t an update…but all in due time my friends. All in due time.

For once, this blog won’t be about how busy I am, or how there are so many pictures I need to post, etc. This post is all about my renewed love for this:

Don't know who they are? Maybe this will help.


The soundtrack from the Broadway musical “Rent” has been in my ipod/phone for a good while and I never really got into most of the songs like I do my other Broadway soundtracks. Recently, however, it has been the only thing I listen to. I think what turned it around for me was seeing the show Live in NY in June. I’m embarrassed to admit that there are days I tear up listening to some of the songs…while I know the topics may not be applicable, the message sure is.

No day but today.

When I was in high school, the seniors in show choir always performed “Seasons of Love” at the Pops Concert in the spring, right before they graduated. My senior year, my Beck and I went to the concert and left in tears because of the meaning behind the song. It meant I was leaving, life was changing, blah blah blah (of course, life never goes as planned and I was back within a semester). The funny thing is, I didn’t know a darn thing about “Rent”. That song has been one of mine and Becky’s songs since then – one that always has special meaning. Music is my outlet. Oddly enough, it’s the best way for me to get a clear head, and many times it is a way for me to get emotions out. The right song will send me in to tears, and we all know a good cry is necessary sometimes.

After seeing the show, the whole musical came to life for me. I know there was a movie, but nothing, absolutely NOTHING, compares to a live Broadway show in NYC. I’m grateful I was able to go before the curtains closed for the last time, this past weekend. The talent of these people, the original cast members and all of the others along the way, is just mind-blowing. They can bring this stuff to life in a way that only Broadway stars can.

I’ll spare you the lyrics and such that I could go on about for a long while…if you’re interested, go find the soundtrack and just listen. It has rocked my world lately…and I just want to share the love J.

1 comment:

Beck said...

525,600 <3