All that to say, I plopped myself on the couch to spend some QT with my current book of choice (see, "small, silly, immature things") to kill time before The Hills came on (yep, that's the 3rd "small, silly, immature thing" in a 30-minute time span)....and decided I needed to take pictures of our Christmas decorations. Ash then proceeded to tell me I needed to post pictures of that, because from my blog, it really seemed I had the worst life ever and nothing to be happy about.
Au contraire my friends - I want to emphasize that I know how blessed my life is. I have an amazing family, an awesome husband, a great house, two fabulous dogs, a steady job (which is hard to come by these days), a God who loves me unconditionally, and everything I could ask for in the world. I have a hard time staying positive when I get beat down and I have been told, on numerous occasions, that I am quite the pessimist. It's something I try to improve on daily, but will forever be a struggle. I'll try to keep the depressing stuff to a minimum, after all, it is Christmas! There will be valleys, as there always are in life, but I try to cling to the good that I have during those times and will do my best to focus on everything God has provided.
On to the pictures! I was SO excited to get decorations up. So much that I was dubbed the "Christmas Nazi". Not sure that I agree with that, but whatever it takes to bring the Christmas cheer to the Shugart household.
Here's to a better attitude and a great week!








2 comments:
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Taminator.
Lovin' it, the house looks gorgeous.
LOVE YOU OODLES.
ok, so i decided this year that if we were going to buy a fake tree, i wanted it to be FAKE. really fake.
so guess what? we have a 7 1/2 foot tall, silver, WT, tinsel tree in our livingroom. i guess that explains my desire for a full on mullet.
Post a Comment