So remember when I mentioned that I had a good reason for my disappearing act? Well, here it is....

Surprised? Maybe you can see the not-so-hidden "really?!?!" in my face here.

That picture was right after the positive at-home test and it was confirmed a few days later that BabyShu is due October 25 which puts me at 15 weeks! I fought some pretty rough nausea throughout all of the first trimester, and now into the second, but my good days are starting to outweigh the bad so let's hope that means we're headed in the right direction!
Now that this is "public" knowledge, I'll definitely be writing more and posting pictures! I don't think we'll be finding out the gender - it's still up for debate with Ash as he wants to know and I don't, so we'll see how that pans out :) I'm just now starting to feel like I have something that even resembles a baby bump....as opposed to burrito bump. We're very excited and while there are days that I forget because I don't really feel anything but a little crummy, I'm more in love with this little "it" than I could have ever imagined. I could sit in that sonogram room for hours on end, watching the movements, hearing the heartbeat - it just never gets old. I'm trying not to wish all the time away as I really want to enjoy these months of just me and Ash, but of course I can't wait for the days when I feel like I look a little more pregnant and I feel those kicks that you always hear about! I think once I get to that point, it'll start to feel a little more real.
I suppose I should explain the title of the blogpost....well, I feel like we're wired to dread Mondays, and I while I do first thing in the morning I typically have the realization as I'm riding the metro to work that another Monday means another week has passed and little one is growing! I look forward to the weekly emails that tell me what my body is doing, how big the baby is, what is changing on the baby this week, etc. I feel like I can't put into words how humbling the whole thing is. There is so much more to this world than us, and only a God as mighty as ours could do something like create life in such a delicate and awesome way. Unfortunately, we have to wait another 6 weeks or so until our next sonogram (we'll go for a routine dr appt and they'll listen to heartbeat in a couple weeks) so I'm slightly impatient but I can't wait to see how much it's grown in that time!! It was such a big difference between 8 weeks and 12 weeks, that I can't even wrap my brain around how much it will have changed in 8 weeks!
I could go on and on here, but let's be real....I have until October to bore you with all of this :)
We appreciate your prayers for continued health for me and baby (dr says everything has been perfect so far!) and look forward to sharing this crazy part of our life with you!
14 comments:
Absolutely amazing!! So happy for you guys :)
That is awesome! Congrats to you bothe!!
Too bad I can't spell.
I'm so happy for you guys, congrats! *EEEEEEEEE!* (girly squeal lol)
Oh, I just can't wait to read of your blog posts. I'm just so happy for you guys. :)
Thanks guys! There will definitely be more posts in the near future :)
Yay for BabyShu! Congrats Shu Family!
Can't wait! So excited to have a new great niece/nephew. My vote is keep the gender a surprise. I did with both. Otherwise, it's like knowing your Christmas present before you open it.
That's my theory on the gender too!! But we all know Ashley would open his Christmas presents in July if he had them...he's not the most patient! Hopefully I can help him see our side :)
So exciting!!!!
I say go ahead and bore us, Tammy! If that is a "bore", well...I want to be bored for the rest of my life. As for finding out the gender, I can see if both ways, but c'mon, y'all, it's a surprise either way. One you find out earlier, that's all. So don't hate.
Tammy (And Ashley)!
So excited for y'all. You are going to have the most adorable child, I can't wait to see you as parents in action!!
Will keep y'all in my prayers.
Your ex-Texas neighbors are VERY happy for you and Ashley. Such an exciting time for both of you. Can't wait to read your blog and see pictures!
love you guys so much. can't wait to love "it" too :)
Post a Comment