Wednesday, October 12, 2011

36/37/38 Week Baby Post

I feel like there's nothing I can say at this point that hasn't been said. I mean, we've had 38 weeks of this...well, less than that since I've been writing, but you get my drift. Basically, we're nearing the end my friends! I'm not quite to the miserable stage yet, but I can see where these last few weeks can seem like the longest. This will be a more picture-heavy post (I know, you're heartbroken), but I want to write a bit first...

---

Dearest fall baby,

God sure knew what he was doing when he picked your due date....this is my most favorite time of year and knowing we get to meet you has only been the icing on the cake!

We are getting very, VERY close to seeing you not on a screen, but as other bloggers say "IRL" (that's In Real Life). I can't even believe it! We will know who you are. Your name. If you're going to be our son or daughter. You will make us parents. You are the one that will change our lives forever (not that you haven't already), but believe me, this is big. People keep asking if we're ready and all we can say is yes....? I'd be lying if I said that it's not equal parts excitement and fear, but I think that's normal. We're as ready as one can be for something like this. We have all the necessities ready for you, just add baby....or so they say!

I'm still feeling really good for being less than 2 weeks away from my due date and everyone that is asking me when I'm due seems shocked that I'm that close. I still feel like I'm all belly....and man oh man is my belly large these days. I think I make people uncomfortable when I turn down their seat offers on the metro. I sit all day, so my walk/ride home is good for me to be up an on my feet for a little while. Although, I did notice a couple nights ago that the feet swelling has started! Nothing crazy, but I could sure tell the difference and was one more thing making us realize just how soon you're coming.

Your nursery is 98% done...we have to pick up a trash can (for those inevitable dirty diapers) and then there's one more little thing I want to make you but if it doesn't happen before you get here, it won't be the end of the world. I'll hopefully be taking pictures of the "finished" room this weekend to post...if I don't do it now, it may not happen!

I'm not having the best luck with sleeping these days. I have to sleep sitting up because everything seems to be so cramped in my belly that as soon as I lie down, I get weird pains that I just can't ignore. I wish we had a big, comfy recliner or something, but instead I just prop up on pillows and do the best I can.


I really feel like I shouldn't complain these days. I feel great and while I'm noticing some of the more unpleasant things about being 38 weeks pregnant, I'm so very grateful for how lucky I've been through the process. I feel like I say that all the time, to everyone that asks, but it's true and I just don't want to take my experience for granted.

Your birth day is fast approaching and little one, I just.can't.wait.

---

And now for the pictures!

These are somewhere around 36-37 Weeks...



And 37-38 weeks...


It's hard to believe we're so close to the end! I can't wait to introduce this little lady or gentleman to the world.

No comments: