I have some advice. Never, I repeat, NEVER build a bathroom from scratch, remodel, or anything of the like. My bathroom is coming along, with some pain thrown in there, and at the same time, my parents are having their shower completely redone. This means the whole family of 4 people are sharing 1 shower, which is the first hurdle. Now our paths do not cross often on the way to the bathroom, but it's a matter of scheduling everyone around each other. Then comes the fact that my mom has been stuck at the house for the past 10 days with tile guys, plumbers, drywall guys, etc....so she's got a little of the cabin fever going on. She's finally at work today, and I have yet to receive one phone call, which is a good sign. She needs something else to occupy her time instead of daytime television, as we all know how that turns out. My dad on the other hand, has been working the past 10 days and is home today. He has been thrown into the furnace with the drywall guy, tile guys, and the like. It is his turn to fight the fight. So I pick up the phone to my dad to see what painting supplies need to be picked up for us to paint tonight, and I was informed we are not allowed to paint blah blah blah. Basically the parental units have giant sticks up their butts and I'm sooooo ready for this all to be done. My mom is losing her mind, digging an early grave trying to get everything perfect. She's the one that has dealt with most of the guys as she has been home and things have not been exactly easy. The good news, folks, is that there is an end in sight. Their shower should be finishing up as we speak, or read, and the tile should be done by next week in my bathroom. That leaves only the paint and installation of everything and mine is done! I'm getting more excited each day that I come home and more progress has been made. Never thought I would want a toilet so badly.
P.S. It's so much more enjoyable to be supportive.
No comments:
Post a Comment