Thursday, February 09, 2006
It's really kind of sad
So I think I'm going to quit watching daytime television. I try to avoid the soap operas now, so I've changed to watching Home Improvement and the like. Over the past few months, I have seen the series finale of "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch", the show after John Ritter died in "8 Simple Rules for Dating my Teenage Daughter" and now I'm having to endure the closing episodes of "Home Improvement". For some reason, these events make me sad, especially the "Home Improvement." Now I had what you call a mild obsession back in the day with Jonathan Taylor Thomas. I lived and breathed for H.I. I had calendars, collages, etc. etc. It was a little creepy, I'll admit it. Now I will always remember the days when H.I. was in a prime time slot and was new every week. I will always remember the various episodes: when Randy thinks he has cancer, when Brad gets caught making out in is his room with his girlfriend, the list goes on and on. Well I bawled my eyes out when the show ended, it was the end of an era for me. Well I'm minding my own business at work and before I know it i'm getting teary eyed with each passing episode. We're down to 1 or 2 episodes left and I don't know if I can deal. Perhaps this will teach me a lesson and I will just quit watching tv during the day and actually make good use of my time up here. Too bad that's easier said than done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment