Friday, February 15, 2008

Goodbye, Boise


So today is my last day in Boise and while I've had a great time, I'm VERY ready to go home. This city is definitely a little place tucked away in the mountains that most people don't appreciate, but Ashley and I decided it's a place we could live, and really enjoy life. It's a very healthy place (think Austin--lots of runners and bikers), and night snowboarding is only 20 miles away. That means every night after work...head up to the mountain! It's a life I could get used to. I have enjoyed the slower pace. It's so different from Dallas, but still has everything we would need. All in all the trip was really good.
Ashley came up last weekend and we spent Friday night through Sunday night on the mountain--only taking time to eat and sleep. By Sunday my muscles couldn't take it anymore, so I had some good people-watching in the lodge. It was a nice mini-vaca stuck in the madness that is life right now. I made it through learning snowboarding without breaking anything, so mission accomplished! By Sunday, Ashley finally convinced me to venture off the learner's mountain. I had a small break-down at the top of the new run as we all know I am no risk-taker and it just looked like more than I could handle. Once I made it, I had a huge confidence-booster and had a great time. Ashley's patience was out of this world. He is one of those lucky people who can pick up any sport and do it well. Me? Not so much. I did better than I thought I would and it's all thanks to his 100% support and encouragement. It was our early 1-year anniversary celebration, but don't worry, come May there will be parties.....we have PLENTY to celebrate :)
Now, just a taste of our weekend...










Another fun fact from a couple of weeks ago....check out our wedding photographer's new website here. Go to weddings, and then peruse. Be sure to specifically go to "thoughts" page. Make sure you let the page load completely--there should be three pictures that scroll through. Hopefully they will put a smile on your face like they did for me :) We also make some other appearances in galleries --> engagements, so take a peek!





No comments: