
So I'm on the 2nd leg of my 4 week traveling stint for work. I'm now in Boise, ID for, what I'm sure will be, a fun-filled two weeks. I had a layover in Salt Lake City, and it was the most gorgeous landing I had ever seen in my life. The new desire of my heart--a digital SLR camera (more on that later)--would have come in super handy to share with you the gorgeous creations that God gives us daily. Snow everywhere....breath-taking. Boise wasn't so bad either. I saw one of the best sunsets, from the clouds, that I have ever seen. It's so nice to get out of the madness of the metroplex, and Boise definitely seems to be a little more calm. I look forward to what is to come.
We had a busy weekend, as always. We got to go play with new baby, Juliana Ava Murphy, Saturday night and got to see Jonathan, in town from Afghanistan--so it was a double-great afternoon. It's so crazy to think they have a sweet little girl now....but low and behold, she is real! She is a precious baby, and slept 90% of the time we were there, which I'm sure mama and daddy were thankful for. My camera is dead, and someone borrowed my battery charger a while back and I have yet to get it back, so unfortunately no pictures of the little miracle this time around, but you can bet there will be some in the future. I did get to play with GG Rankin's Christmas present, a new digital SLR camera. I was in awe, and everyone made sure Ash knows what to get me next :) I was in Heaven. It truly is an amazing toy, and I can't wait to have one.
After baby-time, we headed out to downtown Ft. Worth (a rare occurrence for the Shugart's) for an evening of celebration for a friend who passed the CPA (the first time around)! We definitely had a good time and got to hang out with Ashley's old gang which is always a good time.
I left DFW at 2:15 today so this morning was spent cleaning/packing/whining because I was off yet again. I am at the halfway point of all this traveling and am SO ready to be back home. Ash said it makes me appreciate home more, and that it does. While it's nice to not have to drive an hour and 15 minutes (at least), one way, to work everyday--it's not worth being away so much. I think I will definitely enjoy these two weeks--not to mention you won't have to read all my whining about it anymore!
Quick prayer request, I have back issues and I pulled something today at the airport, and cannot hardly move at this point. Not only is it painful, but Ash is coming up this weekend for us to snowboard, and I don't want something like this to ruin a fun (early) one-year celebration. I know if it doesn't get better, then I wasn't meant to be on those slopes--perhaps because God knows I don't have the grace and agility to attempt snowboarding without ending up injured :)
No comments:
Post a Comment