Friday, February 01, 2008

A Good Friday

So I had a week that was horrible, but at least I get to end it on a good note.

Good #1:
I got an email last night that my fomer co-worker's little girl, Morgan Kate, was born yesterday morning! (I wasn't lying when I said it's baby boom time). She was born at 10:54 am yesterday, 6 lb. 1 oz and 19 inches long. She looks just like her daddy!Good #2:
I ordered a phone case from vaja leather around mid-December. Now these cases are handmade, out of amazing leather, so not only are they not cheap, they take a while to get as well. When you purchase one, you have the option of the company laser-engraving your name, a phrase, etc. or a logo of your choice. Of course I designed something to go on the case, sent it to them and have been waiting anxiously ever since. The case arrived Monday, but since I was out of town, Ash couldn't get to Fed-Ex until yesterday. He opened it for me, and had bad news for me when I got home from the airport last night. I forgot to include the font file when I sent the graphic, and didn't make outlines in Illustrator either, so I kind of set myself up for failure. Anyways, the logo that was on the back of the case was definitely not the same as the one I sent, as what I designed completely revolved around the font. Ash and I have been going back and forth most of the day with the contact lady at the company, and I received the following:

Hi Tamara
We will replace the case.

This is how to proceed to get the replacement:
You should first send the case to be replaced in the same Vaja box as received
via regular mail to Vaja Corp. 'Return Dept' ,8309 SW 142 AV Dep. H 108, 33183,
Miami, FL.
Once the defective case has been received and checked in our Return Department,
and once the new case is ready, we will send the replacement case to you.
Please print this mail, and send it with the case in the package, we cannot
accept cases without this information.

Bear in mind that this replacement authorization will expire in one month. We
cannot replace the item after that time frame.

Replacement Number: 9686 (it is essential that you write this complete number
on the front of the package)
Returned case's model or description: cap30dck
State (New or Used): U
Cause (Return only, Warranty, Exchange) : W

I was super stoked that they are going to re-do the case at no extra charge to me. However, I was NOT looking forward to mailing back the one I received, as the case is amazing, so I wanted to use it until I get the new one. About 30 minutes after that email, I receive another:

Tammy,
You can keep the case received to protect your device. We think it may not be fair to get your unit without protection until the new one arrives.
So no need to send it back, do not worry about the return.

Best regards


Needless to say, I was SUPER happy. Not only are they going to fix it, for free, now I don't even have to mail back the gimp one I have. I knew I liked this company for a reason :). You can tell a lot about a corporation based on how they handle things when they go wrong. Granted, they probably can't handle every situation like this, but I'm glad I got lucky!

So if you need an awesome phone case, and don't mind spending some money (mine was graduation money, that's the only way I could justify it), this is the place to go.

Good #3:
I get to be home with Ash, who I think missed me more than he's willing to admit! He skipped class last night to clean the whole house so I didn't have to come home to a dirty house. He knows how to keep me happy. Not that I condone skipping class, but hey, I can't complain about it this time.

Happy Weekend!


No comments: