Monday, October 20, 2008

Update - 10.20.2008

The cousin got onto me again for my lack of updates.  I told her I have so much to blog about, but just no time to take pictures, edit them, and get them posted. 

 

A quick run-down of what’s been going on:

 

1.        Took my 3rd test for the CPA…felt the best on this one than I have on the other two so I hope that’s worth something.  It’s been rough studying for all of this, but I truly feel like I’m on the downhill side of everything.  If all goes well, I’ll be done at the end of January with this…just in time for busy season.

2.       Had a trip to Delaware last week for work.  It was a great 4-day getaway.  The job I was on did not require a ton of extra time, so I truly had some down time.  They put us up in this crazy-swanky hotel so I decided just to enjoy the amenities, with a trip to H&M of course, and just clear my head. 

3.       In case you didn’t know, which I haven’t been too open on here about it, Ash has been without a job since August.  Things were pretty rough and depressing, but we truly saw God’s faithfulness in everything.  We were able to pay all of our bills (without a steady income, you tell me how that works if it isn’t a God-thing) and if nothing else, we realized just how good we have it.  Things could be a lot worse and we’re truly grateful for the live we have.  As of now, there is still no permanent job.  He’s “working” for a friend right now, not as an official employee but as a hopeful one.  There is income, which is good, but still no certainty for the future, which is really taking its toll.  I know Ashley is not a planner, but I know it is wearing him out to just not know.  Please keep him in your prayers – just for strength and faith.   I know it will all work out and for whatever reason, God has brought us to this point and he will get us through it. 

4.       I’m SO ready for some fall weather.  I was excited to go to Delaware, thinking I would get a fall preview with some cooler weather.  Not only was it unusually warm up there (high 70’s) a cool front went through Dallas while I was gone, so I completely missed the cooler weather…bummer.  I love the sweaters, jackets, tights, and everything in between, that comes with fall/winter.  Let’s get in the game Texas.

5.       We are going to a Halloween party this weekend…should be a good time.  I’ll make sure there’s pictures, but based on my history, it’ll be a while before you see them.  I’ll do my best to just get at least one so you can see our costumes…they’re going to be good.

6.       Worked on a new bag yesterday – got down to attaching the straps and my machine decided it was done for the evening.  I probably could have finished it, but I was getting so frustrated, I just needed to walk away.  It is coming together nicely, and has the potential to be my favorite bag yet. 

 

I think that about covers any updates right now – not a whole lot going on.  Getting geared up for the holidays (Christmas is my favorite…Mariah Carey what?) and just ready for some decisions to be made. 

 

I’m going to quit promising pictures, so you’ll just be pleasantly surprised when they show up!

 

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Becca said...

So now I'm the bad guy? :) haha love you!

I can't wait to bust out with my Mariah Carey ringtone, it lies in wait until the day after Turkey Day and then you know it gets set.

I love you SO much. But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

Tammy said...

Haha no Beck...you keep me honest :) I need someone to make sure I don't fall off the blogging bandwagon, then how would I fool myself into thinking people actually read this?!

I think I'm going to have to follow suit with the Mariah Carey ringtone. It's just not Christmas without her.

I love you too dodeca.